Admission to Medicine Course in Universities/Institutions/Academies abroad, for any academic year starts from 1st September onwards. A few universities however, entertain March intake admissions for which the processing starts from 1st February onwards.
The aspirant needs to apply for Admission letter/Invitation to Study from the opted Medical University/Institution, get the necessary attestation done on all the Education Certificates, prepare himself with Passport, VISA, Educational Bank Loan (if any) and also make Traveling Arrangements which would totally consume a minimum of one to two months period.
Therefore, in order to plan their admission in time, the following Step-wise Admission Procedure is suggested:
Step One :
Aspiring students* interested in admission to Graduate and Post Graduate Courses in Medicine (M.B.B.S., M.D., MDS.) in Universities/Institutions/Academies abroad, may visit the office of M/s.Medico-Abroad, Hyderabad 'or' approach their Regional Admission Co-ordinator, and get themselves registered by payment of a nominal fee and furnishing their personal details.
The students will be allotted with a registration number, and will also be given a registration pack containing Information booklets/leaflets pertaining to the Universities/ Institutions/Academies, the Application form, Booklet on Extracts of MCI guidelines for foreign medical studies (for medicine courses), Pamphlets and related literature covering all the details required to be known.
(* or on their behalf the Parents/Guardians)
Step Two :
On satisfying themselves of the merits and demerits of studying Medicine abroad, the students are expected to make an Application to M/s.Medico-Abroad, Hyderabad through the Application form provided, enclosing all the specified documents/ certificates and photographs.
Time limit for students : 2 weeks
Step Three :
Immediately on receipt of the Application form (along with enclosures) and the Admission fee, a preliminary verification/screening is conducted by M/s.Medico-Abroad, Hyderabad 'or' their Regional Admission Co-ordinator, to decide the credentials/eligibility of the student for admission to the Medicine Courses in Universities/Institutions/Academies abroad.
Thereupon, the students* are allowed a free counseling session imparting more knowledge on the prospects open to the students in opting for the study of Medicine Courses in the chosen Universities/Institutions/Academies abroad.
(* and also their Parents/Guardians)
Step Four :
After the Counseling session, the students are provided with the following Forms to fill in and submit in person, at the office of M/s.Medico-Abroad, Hyderabad 'or' their Regional Admission Co-ordinator, taking necessary assistance/ guidance in filling up the forms.
1. Authorization form permitting M/s.Medico-Abroad, Hyderabad and/or its representative to handle the original documents/certificates including their Passport, for applying on their behalf and obtaining the Preliminary Admission Letter/Invitation to Study from the Medical University/Institution/ Academy abroad. In case of any prescribed application form of the University/ Institution/Academy, the same will also be filled up.
2. Prescribed Application form for the issue of Eligibility Certificate by the Medical Council of India.
3. Declaration form of the Parent/Guardian of the students, in approval of the initiation of Admission Procedure by M/s.Medico-Abroad, Hyderabad, on behalf of their ward for the Medicine Course in the opted University/ Institution/Academy abroad.
Estimated time for receipt of Admission Confirmation letter : 2 weeks
Step Five :
Once the Admission Process is initiated as above, the student needs to apply for his Passport, in case the same is not ready. The issuance of the Passport takes a minimum period of one month and any delay in applying would delay the departure of the student abroad. However, the receipt of Admission Confirmation letter from the Medical University/Institution/Academy abroad would help the student to expedite the issue of the Passport through "Tatkal" process.
Step Six :
Once Admission Letter/Invitation to Study confirming the reservation of the seat is obtained from the Medical University/Institution/Academy abroad, the student is to remit the specified Processing Fee at the head office of M/s.Medico Abroad, Hyderabad. Further, he/she is to submit the Original copies of all the specified Certificates/Documents to enable the firm to take up the process of getting the necessary attestations done to the Educational and related documents, Stamping of the VISA, Booking of the AIR TICKET and other arrangements deemed necessary.
The Original Admission letter is handed over to the student to enable him to process his Bank Loan / expedite his Passport Application. The student at this stage is expected to complete his medical tests, if any, as directed by M/s.Medico-Abroad, Hyderabad.
Estimated time : 2 weeks
Step Seven :
M/s.Medico-Abroad, Hyderabad further proceeds to form Batches of students and program their travel to New Delhi, take up the necessary documentation at Delhi, arrange the booking/blocking of the Flight to the destination, subject to their complete satisfaction with the following verifications:
1. That the student produces the proof of arrangement of Tuition Fee for the first year of the Medicine Course as per the fee structure explained to them.
2. That the student clears negative in the mandatory HIV medical test.
3. That the student in any way, during the period of processing, does not infringe upon the rights of M/s.Medico-Abroad, Hyderabad in any manner that may harm their interests in respect of the Medical Universities/ Institutions/Academies abroad.
Estimated time : 2 weeks
Step Eight :
The students are expected to complete their packing and make all necessary arrangements to travel, well in advance, as per the date intimated by M/s.Medico-Abroad, Hyderabad. They should also ensure that all documentation has been completed, and the Originals are kept safe and handy for verification at Immigration clearance abroad.
International Students Office pertaining to the University/Institution/Academy abroad will be informed about the exact date of students' arrival & the necessary details of their flight to enable them to receive at Airport and provide proper assistance.
After necessary procedurals and enrollment as a student at the Medical University/ Institution/Academy abroad, an Official Order is received by the students enabling them to register with the Migration Service of the country.
General Terms & Conditions:
1. The allotted Registration number will be the basis for identification of the student for all further correspondence with M/s.Medico-Abroad, Hyderabad 'or' their Regional Admission Co-ordinator.
2. The Application form received in the Registration Pack is expected to be filled in and submitted along with the specified copies of Certificates/Documents & Photographs to M/s.Medico-Abroad, Hyderabad 'or' their Regional Admission Co-ordinator, within a period of 2 weeks from the registration date, failing which the registration number will lapse and no further correspondence will be entertained on the lapsed Registration number.
3. Due to limitation on numbers, the seats are offered strictly on a first come first serve basis, subject to the final discretion of the university with regards to the availability, and the verification by M/s.Medico-Abroad, Hyderabad with respect to the fulfillment of required eligibility criteria by the students.
4. The complete details of Admission/Processing fee and the Course fee shall be disclosed to the students (or on their behalf to their Parent/Guardian) only upon their registration with M/s.Medico-Abroad, Hyderabad 'or' their Regional Admission Co-ordinator. No telephonic enquiries shall be entertained in this regard.
5. The estimated time limit mentioned in the Admission Procedure is only tentative. It does not in any way implicate M/s.Medico-Abroad, Hyderabad 'or' their Regional Admission Co-ordinator in case of unforeseen delays occurring from non submission of specified documents by the students, non compliance of instructions by the students or unavoidable circumstances beyond the control of any body.
6. In no case the Registration fee remitted is refundable. Similarly, the Admission/ Processing fee is non-refundable and is subject to recovery in case of partial payment, as per the agreed norms in the Declaration form.
7. M/s.Medico-Abroad, Hyderabad limit themselves to only providing of the Application Form to students for applying to Medical Council of India for the issue of Eligibility Certificate. It is explicitly clarified that the issue of Eligibility Certificate is the sole prerogative of the Medical Council of India based on its own verification procedures. M/s.Medico-Abroad does not on its own provide any guarantee in this regard, however, necessary guidance/assistance shall be provided to the students.
8. Declaration form to be signed by the student and the Parent/Guardian shall constitute the Agreement to all Terms & Conditions pertaining to processing of Admission on their behalf by M/s.Medico-Abroad, Hyderabad 'or' their Regional Admission Co-ordinator, to the opted Medicine/Engineering Course in Universities/ Institutions/ Academies abroad.
9. It is expressly stated that the tasks of M/s.Medico-Abroad, Hyderabad 'or' their Regional Admission Co-ordinator do not constitute obtaining Passport for the student or arranging of Educational Loans from the Nationalized Banks. The student could only seek guidance/assistance in this regard.
10. As explained in Step Seven of the Admission Procedure, M/s.Medico-Abroad, Hyderabad reserves absolute right to reject/restrict the admission of the student in case of non fulfillment of the conditions laid therein.
11. It is expressly clarified that the responsibility of M/s.Medico-Abroad, Hyderabad is said to have been completed once the students are enrolled in the opted study course at the University/Institution/Academy abroad.
12. Any disputes or legal complications arising in the course of processing and/or related to admission or the monetary aspects, will be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Hyderabad